Saturday, September 02, 2006

My super Friday night

The past week was all about stress and pressure that as early as 3:30 on Friday afternoon, I was already zoning out and itching to get out of the office. Unfortunately, I had to endure 2 more meetings and a telecon with my Singaporean vertical. At 5:00pm, I was already surfing Net, even with almost a dozen documents open in Excel and a few more dozens of Notes unread. You know that feeling when you're literally sick of work? Well, little OC, hardworking me almost felt like throwing up if I had to open another email and answer another phone call! Pag tinamaan talaga ako ng katamaran, wala talaga akong kwenta!

I ended up watching My Super Ex-Girlfriend with Marje. It was almost a B-movie with its cliche-ridden script and yeah-right-storyline, but we had a hilarious time witnessing scene after scene of how a jealous, obsessive, neurotic superhuman deals with a broken heart --- throwing your car into orbit, spelling D-I-C-K on your forehad with laser beams and taking time to haul a Great White Shark out of the Pacific and into your bedroom! Clueless, goody-two-shoes ex-boyfriends beware!

At 8:30, I headed straight to Jack's Loft to have dinner and drinks with some work girlfriends. The girls had their cocktails of choice: Tequila Sunrise, Four Seasons and red wine and I had my... San Mig Light. I quickly ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri after finishing the bottle! The usual girl talk started with talks about the crush-ables (or lack of 'em) in the office, guys that seem pink enough to fit right in our sisterhood, and the cute outfits in The Devil Wears Prada.

Ended my well-deserved, relaxing Friday night with Vodka tonic and easy conversation with officemate, Tristan and his NBI-agent friend from way back in high school. Our topics ranged from university fraternities, long-distance relationships, airsoft and paintballs, cheating in a relationship and even the "horrors and realities" of transexuality.

When you talk to men who are not trying to put their best foot forward with you, you are amused by how they can be so candid and natural with their opinions...

"When a girl cheats, there is always a reason and a motivation behind it: to get back at you, to show you are not giving her enough attention, etc, etc. On the other hand, when a guy cheats, there usually isn't any. And that is the one thing that girls will never understand about men. It is just how we are made."

"Women are really vengeful by nature!"

"It's not that I don't trust you: I do. But I don't trust those jerks hanging out with you."

"For example, you had a one-night stand. Do you confess? Or do you subscribe to that notion, 'What she doesn't know won't hurt me!'" "A man will NEVER admit his infidelity unless caught red-handed... Why give the girl a reason to doubt when the affair is over and will never happen again?"

No wonder Jenny Johnson calls on her super powers deal with her boyfriend.

-------

He broke her heart. She broke his everything.

-------
cheers! No-plan-Friday nights that start with a no-brainer movie and ends with drinky-drinks coupled with interesting conversations
it's ok... if you didn't finish your work before leaving the office. You deserve a break!
------

photo taken from mysuperex.com

1 comment:

sunkissed said...

yeah,i enjoyed that movie too. makes me want to be a super heroine sometimes, you know what i mean? ppl just don't know what i am capable of doing...maybe that's the reason why i am just normal.haha