Friday, November 04, 2005

the wedding thing with a taste of heaven

Had dinner with Giselle, Genot, Lizzo, Ercs and Iris Tabs tonight at Heaven 'n Eggs. It had to take 5 futile attempts (and Giselle's foresight to reserve a day early) to finally see and taste for myself what the fuss over this "in" place is all about. I'm no culinary critic, but the My Sicily Omelet-- Spanish sardines with pesto, garnished with real potato wedges and paired with their Endless Refills house sodas, was simply.. oh yes, heavenly. The main course was more than enough to fill my huge, after-gym appetite. The only challenge was that they made us sit in the "porch" area (the others being the courtyard and heaven areas) with double swings on either side of the table that serverd as dining chairs. It was fun for a while, until I realized I was bumping my knee on the table and hitting the harried waiters too often with my swinging. After the omelet, some chikkas and a whole lot of laughter, I found myself feeling nauseous and numb around the thigh area. Getting swing-sick is what I'd like to call it. Next time, it'll be the more traditional white bench for me!

-----
Finally having a close friend get engaged and actually go through ALL the motions of tying the knot -- preparing for the wedding, planning bridal showers, choosing honeymoon destinations etc.-- is getting us all starry-eyed and bursting with excitement! We pored over bridal magazines all night, reminisced about unforgettable weddings attended, and got naughty thinking about the highly-anticipated bridal shower!

I felt like we were back in college dreaming of our BIG day. Only now for Giselle, the big day has a date, has a ring, has a lucky groom :-)


2 comments:

Peppermint said...

yup! finally, Giselle's BIG day is coming up. sino kaya susunod? Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

First time I've seen this blog. Nice write-up christine! And thanks all for sharing the "just go engaged!" moment with me.

I have my work cut out for me but I'm sure with you and the rest of the gang to help me out, it'll be the easiest wedding to prepare for! The important thing is that we're all BEAUTIFUL that day. EXCITING!