Friday, March 20, 2009

Portable

Christine, Chris and Bakiri in IAA office. Around 11:45AM.

Bakiri: Hungry for lunch?

Chris: YES! Ididn't eat breakfast.

Christine: Like yesterday.


Chris: Oh, I don't really eat breakfast.

Christine: Hmm... I cannot NOT have breakfast. In the Philippines, we eat 6 times a day.

Chris: 6 times a day?!?

Christine (counting with fingers): Well, there's breakfast, there's the morning snack. There's lunch -- a long one at that -- then there's afternoon snack. Dinner. Then midnight snack.

Bakiri: Wow, you do eat a lot! But you're not -- how do I say this (gesturing with his hands) --

Christine (smiling): --- Fat? Healthy? Haha, oh believe me, compared to the other girls Philippines, I'm not slim either. Filipinas tend to be very slim!

Bakiri: Hmm.. I think you are quite portable.

Chris (eyes big): PORTABLE. Wow. I am sooo going to tell everyone about that.


Ayan. Payat-- este, portable-- daw ako sa Tanzania.

Mabuhay ;-)

No comments: