Sunday, November 19, 2006

To Be Inspired

I watched my first inspirational concert by Gary V last Friday. Marje invited me to it watch with her and her friends from CCF. I then invited my friend-slash-officemate, Aleta. Somehow, I also found myself nearly dragging Kris and his SO, Arvin, to go too. I totally forgot to include my sister, who's the biggest Gary V fan of all, to get that one extra ticket -- then it turned out she was busy that night after all (whew! bye-bye, thoughtless-big-sister-guilt!).

For 3 hours, we were touched, inspired and taken with each of Gary V's songs. His introductions to each song were equally moving. I find the way he shared the 'Word' to every one of the 5,000 people watching him to be refreshing and far from being preachy and self-righteous. He invites rather than forces you to have a better your relationship with Him (lest you miss salvation and perish in Hell for all eternity!)

His humility, his sincerity and his quiet but strong belief of God's love for him is evident in his songs and even his relationships with the rest of the members of his family. He would frequently mention his wife, his dad and even his in-laws in his intro-sharings.

Paolo, his eldest son, is the lead singer of this rock band, Salamin. While father and son do not share the same taste in music, they do reflect the same messages in their songs (yes, Paolo would sing about praises, healing and moving mountains in his too-noisy-for-the-oldies rock songs!). And to prove that they both respect each other's music, they shared the stage at one point to sing, "Open the Eyes of My Heart". Very pop-rock. Very wholesome.


And who could forget Gabriel, the second son who can dance up a storm, just like Gary? He was called on stage to dance with his dad more than a couple of times, to the delight of screaming female teenagers -- myself included. Be still my heart!

We left St. Francis Square with hungry, growling stomachs but with hearts full of inspiration and joy. (Cheesy, but true!)

1 comment:

sunkissed said...

AMEN to that llanti. Isn't it get to feel inspired. I am so uninspired right now....I know this is just a phase.