Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pitter-patter on a Sunday morning

Woke up this morning in a potentially VERY BAD mood. Went to sleep last night at almost 2am after watching Dodgeball (typical Ben Stiller movie, but hilarious, just the same!) and talking to my bud for our usual weekend online date. I was cozy and dreaming, cuddled up in my pillows and fresh sheets when I got startled by a rap on my door. It was our helper telling me that my airport transfer is already waiting for me outside our gate. I rubbed my eyes and hastily looked at my calendar, trying my best to remember where the hell I'm supposed to be travelling to. I finally told her they must have been given the wrong Llanto, as it has happened before: they were supposed to pick up my Tita--who's also a Llanto, obviously, also works for IBM, but... lives 20 mins from our house. The helper came back to tell they do have the right person and someone from the Alamo Head Office is on the phone asking for me. To cut the long-winding story short, our wonderful and brilliant travel agency gave Alamo the wrong departure date. They gave instructions to pick me up from the house today, the 20th, and from the airport on the 23rd. They said I was leaving for Cebu when in fact, I'm leaving on the 23rd and will come back on the 26th. And I'll be going nowhere near Cebu. I am leaving for Davao. Gosh. Oh, and after 6 years of regular travel, the agency still has my address wrong (but that's another story). I can actually go on and on about past experiences to showcase how their service stinks, but I won't go there--not today...

Now, problem is, I can't change my travel agent. IBM's global contract with American Express dictates that we can only work with one travel agency, otherwise our travel expenses will not be reimbursed. It's frustrating how we get charged an arm and a leg and end up with service quality that sucks!

So anyway, since I'm one of those people who find it hard to go back to sleep just like that, I find myself eating breakfast at 7:30 on a Sunday morning. On the brighter side of things, I got to write in my blog, get to read Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah and spend some quality time with my dad over coffee, sardines and the Sunday paper. I am also blessed today by a wonderfully slow morning. With light rain drizzling outside, the cool weather and nothing too serious to finish for hours... it's looking to be a good day, after all.

------
cheers! long and slow weekends
it's ok... if you're a victim of other people's gaps in brilliance

------

3 comments:

sunkissed said...

freaky...was watching Dodgeball too last night. laugh trip!

Overratedbitch said...

How do you do it?!!? LDR?

christine said...

oh, believe me, the first few months were harder than i ever imagined! but we eventually got used to it. i used to think TRUST, PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING were overrated until we got into this LDR thing ;-)