Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Breaking from a break

During lunch, Inaki asked me how my vacation was. I looked at him in confusion, wondering what he meant. "It was a long weekend, right? So it was pretty much an unplanned vacation... ? So, did you go out of town? How was it?" At the time, my mind was still stuck with the unfinished email I left in my ThinkPad before Jeanette & Aleta almost dragged me out of my desk for a much needed lunchbreak.

Time-check then was 12:40pm and already the 3 day weekend felt like weeks ago. Don't you think it's funny how we always need a "break" before coming back from a break? You just want a few hours at your desk to catch up on missed emails, reply to urgent voice messages and make appointments for the following week. All these, WITHOUT interruption in the form of calls, texts, unexpected cubicle visits or someone asking for your time for a super-mega-important-urgent-but-quick-I-promise meeting. If there's one thing I hate, it is to finish a long and very busy day and realizing that NONE of your To Dos were ticked. It just meant that your hours were controlled by other people, without you even realizing it.

--------

Man, was it raining this morning on my way to work! The floods and the sheer volume of cars stretched my travel time from 45 mins to an hour and a half today. Geez.

--------
cheers! competently answering a note from your GM demanding root causes and actions to address "our lack of progress" in a high-focus area
it's ok... if you weren't able to go to the gym... just because.

--------

No comments: